Let’s have a short one.
20 quotes on Depression which is now the leading cause of incapacity per the World Health Organisation….
Perhaps you can relate?
1. “There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds”
2. “And I knew it was bad when I woke up in the mornings and the only think I looked forward to was going back to bed”
3. “The only things more exhausted than being depressed, is pretending you’re not”
4. “He was drowning, but nobody saw his struggle”
5. “My silence is just another word for my pain”
6. “Sometimes I get so sad. So sad that I completely shut down. I stare blankly at the wall and it doesn’t matter what you say to me. Because in that moment I don’t exist.”
7. “That feeling when you are not necessarily sad, but you just feel really empty”
8. “I’m exhausted from trying to be stronger than I feel”
9. “I can’t describe what I’m feeling. I’m not happy, and I know that. But I’m also not exactly sad either. I’m just caught right in between all these emotions and I feel so empty”
10. “The worst kind of pain is when you’re smiling to stop the tears from falling”
11. “It’s a bit like walking down a long corridor, never knowing when the light will go on”
12. “Depression is feeling like you’ve lost something, but having no clue when or where you last had it. Then one day you realise what you lost is yourself”
13. “Sometimes the thought of facing the day, feels like broken glass in my soul”
14. “Saying “I’m tired” when you’re actually sad”
15. “Sometimes you just need someone to tell you you’re not as terrible as you think you are”
16. “You hate when people see you cry because you want to be that strong person. At the same time though, you hate how nobody notices how torn apart and broken you are”
17. “That’s the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as he sees the end in sight. But depression is son insidious, and it compounds daily, that it’s impossible to see the end. The fog is like a cage without a key.”
18. “Depression is a prison where you are both the suffering prisoner and the cruel jailer.”
19. “Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: getting out of bed”
20. “There’s nothing more depressing than having it all and still feeling sad.”